GoldSpammers

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

GoldSpammers

Post by poltergeistfuckhead on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:41 pm
([msg=74308]see GoldSpammers[/msg])

ok if you've ever played an MMO you've encountered gold spammers, now what they do is illegal and against games ToS, so.. hacking them is legal right? hehe

so I wanna hack thier site and replace thier main page with my own custom HTML document that I'm sure the internet will get a kick out of (it's so humiliating)

so.. I know some stuff about hacking already, but I don't know how to call for a 'write' on thier server.

how to?
poltergeistfuckhead
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: GoldSpammers

Post by weekend hacker on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:27 pm
([msg=74311]see Re: GoldSpammers[/msg])

What they are doing is against the games ToS but it is NOT illegal. Hacking their website would however be illegal. I think maybe its best for you to just ignore them and go on with your game and remember that most of the gold collected by these types of folks is done by very poor kids in a different part of the world who use it as their only source of income(or in less efficient situations, its done by bots).
Maybe you could even befriend some of them and go along with their raids? These are professional players that spend most of the day in game. Don't let the bosses who spam to sell the gold trick you into hating all of them.

Have fun and try not to do anything illegal.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by poltergeistfuckhead on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:15 pm
([msg=74319]see Re: GoldSpammers[/msg])

lol these guys are bots, and there has never been a case of them actally following through with what they claim, People have bought from them and they never delivered, infact they never deliver.

they are not poor kids in some odd place in the world they are just purebread american scammers trying to make easy money.

OK well then Unrelated to them, another topic is those survey sites, you know the ones that say the surveys are 100% free and then at the end inorder to collect the 'prize' they require you to buy 2 silver offers, 4 gold offers and 9 platinum offers from thier partners before you can complete?

yeah well I hacked thier site and found out, there is no end! even if some poor sap did complete 9 platinum offers the link at the bottom of the page to 'complete' always redirects back to the platinum offer page in an endless loop. thus no prize and not free.

That is bait and switch. a crime of Fraud!

so, lets say I want to do as they offer and complete the survey for free (sending thier host company an automated message from thier website saying Survey number ###### is complete.)

how can I do this? or how can I forcefully write a new page on thier server and link it to the complete survey button? and have the page send the completed message.
poltergeistfuckhead
New User
New User

Post by weekend hacker on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:28 pm
([msg=74325]see Re: GoldSpammers[/msg])

In case of the survey things. If you did trick it into thinking you completed surveys properly (not just changing some client side things) and things are as you say then there is absolutely no way for you to force them to claim a prize. The reason for this is simple and the same for all survey places: there is no prize.
Surveys work like ads, there are companies who will pay a very small fee for each survey you get someone to fill in. This is never enough money to allow anyone to give you any sort of prize for doing so. I'd advize you to simply stop wasting your time with these sort of scams. You knew they waren't legit when you started, don't bother trying to find a way for them to pay up since they have nothing to give.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by poltergeistfuckhead on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:31 pm
([msg=74329]see Re: GoldSpammers[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:In case of the survey things. If you did trick it into thinking you completed surveys properly (not just changing some client side things) and things are as you say then there is absolutely no way for you to force them to claim a prize. The reason for this is simple and the same for all survey places: there is no prize.<br>Surveys work like ads, there are companies who will pay a very small fee for each survey you get someone to fill in. This is never enough money to allow anyone to give you any sort of prize for doing so. I'd advize you to simply stop wasting your time with these sort of scams. You knew they waren't legit when you started, don't bother trying to find a way for them to pay up since they have nothing to give.

the prize is game currency see, the publisher of an MMO has an option to earn free points that otherwise would have to be bought, by completing surveys and other things. some of the surveys were legit and I got about 600 points out of it but you can only do each one 1 time, and others are not legit and never pay out the game points.

the game points are all I want, and they will be awarded by the game company if they recieve a Successful complettion message from the survey site.

thats what I want to do. but no clue how to do it.. I tried running a *.* on the survey site to see what pages existed and it got confused.

also, I ran into some hackers in the MMO they are like god mode in PVP lol I wanna be like that lol!! I know the basics but an not sure how to go from typing '/' in the game chat, I suspect I'd have to follow it with a working C++ script that addressed certain Definitions of the statistics then set the values. am I right in assuming this?
poltergeistfuckhead
New User
New User

Return to Gaming