Steam for Linux

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Steam for Linux

Post by 0phidian on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:45 pm
([msg=73778]see Steam for Linux[/msg])

First off I just thought I'd let everyone know that Steam is having a huge Linux celebration sale. They also seem to be promoting Linux and encouraging people to try ubuntu. I wonder how much this will affect the popularity of Linux, espeacially since most people don't seem to care for Windows 8. Maybe this will start to bring Linux to the mainstream.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Steam for Linux

Post by centip3de on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm
([msg=73779]see Re: Steam for Linux[/msg])

0phidian wrote:First off I just thought I'd let everyone know that Steam is having a huge Linux celebration sale. They also seem to be promoting Linux and encouraging people to try ubuntu. I wonder how much this will affect the popularity of Linux, espeacially since most people don't seem to care for Windows 8. Maybe this will start to bring Linux to the mainstream.

As a huge Valve fan, I was ecstatic when it was released; still am. As a Linux fan, I can't wait for better drivers.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mShred on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:02 pm
([msg=73789]see Re: Steam for Linux[/msg])

centip3de wrote:I can't wait for better drivers.

^ This. If this is the case, then I'm sure that will take a lot of people's excuses to keep windows. That is, the people who use windows mainly for gaming at least.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by 0phidian on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:39 pm
([msg=73795]see Re: Steam for Linux[/msg])

Administrator? mshred was promoted?
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:57 pm
([msg=73801]see Re: Steam for Linux[/msg])

0phidian wrote:Administrator? mshred was promoted?
Yes he was.

Getting it installed was easy too. Just a little bit of trickery with getting the right driver. Once it was all ready though the games look great through Ubuntu.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to Gaming