Watch Dogs

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Watch Dogs

Post by 0phidian on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 pm
([msg=69116]see Watch Dogs[/msg])

Anyone else excited about this game. Finally a game where hacking is one of the focal points instead of some sh*tty mini game(allthough I did like finding code segments in ME2). I also like futuristic dystopia type stories, so it should be awesome.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by centip3de on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 pm
([msg=69120]see Re: Watch Dogs[/msg])

0phidian wrote:Anyone else excited about this game. Finally a game where hacking is one of the focal points instead of some sh*tty mini game(allthough I did like finding code segments in ME2). I also like futuristic dystopia type stories, so it should be awesome.

It looks like a cool game, but I'd like to see a successful AAA game that has something that resembles actual hacking, instead of "Hit 'X' to hack!".
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LR-6 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 pm
([msg=70262]see Re: Watch Dogs[/msg])

centip3de wrote:It looks like a cool game, but I'd like to see a successful AAA game that has something that resembles actual hacking, instead of "Hit 'X' to hack!".

I think that the average player wouldn't be exited by playing a guy who sits hours in front of OllyDbg...
LR-6
New User
New User

Post by WallShadow on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:16 pm
([msg=70268]see Re: Watch Dogs[/msg])

LR-6 wrote:
centip3de wrote:It looks like a cool game, but I'd like to see a successful AAA game that has something that resembles actual hacking, instead of "Hit 'X' to hack!".

I think that the average player wouldn't be exited by playing a guy who sits hours in front of OllyDbg...

+1, this is awfully true. Imagine the pain of the game designer tasked with making a realistic hacking part of a game, only to be deleted because the beta-testers thought of it as slow, difficult and annoying.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by centip3de on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:53 pm
([msg=70293]see Re: Watch Dogs[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:+1, this is awfully true. Imagine the pain of the game designer tasked with making a realistic hacking part of a game, only to be deleted because the beta-testers thought of it as slow, difficult and annoying.

I suppose that's why we have wargames...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Gaming