Watch Dogs

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Watch Dogs

Post by 0phidian on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 pm
([msg=69116]see Watch Dogs[/msg])

Anyone else excited about this game. Finally a game where hacking is one of the focal points instead of some sh*tty mini game(allthough I did like finding code segments in ME2). I also like futuristic dystopia type stories, so it should be awesome.
User avatar
0phidian
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Watch Dogs

Post by centip3de on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 pm
([msg=69120]see Re: Watch Dogs[/msg])

0phidian wrote:Anyone else excited about this game. Finally a game where hacking is one of the focal points instead of some sh*tty mini game(allthough I did like finding code segments in ME2). I also like futuristic dystopia type stories, so it should be awesome.


It looks like a cool game, but I'd like to see a successful AAA game that has something that resembles actual hacking, instead of "Hit 'X' to hack!".
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Watch Dogs

Post by LR-6 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 pm
([msg=70262]see Re: Watch Dogs[/msg])

centip3de wrote:It looks like a cool game, but I'd like to see a successful AAA game that has something that resembles actual hacking, instead of "Hit 'X' to hack!".


I think that the average player wouldn't be exited by playing a guy who sits hours in front of OllyDbg...
User avatar
LR-6
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Watch Dogs

Post by WallShadow on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:16 pm
([msg=70268]see Re: Watch Dogs[/msg])

LR-6 wrote:
centip3de wrote:It looks like a cool game, but I'd like to see a successful AAA game that has something that resembles actual hacking, instead of "Hit 'X' to hack!".


I think that the average player wouldn't be exited by playing a guy who sits hours in front of OllyDbg...


+1, this is awfully true. Imagine the pain of the game designer tasked with making a realistic hacking part of a game, only to be deleted because the beta-testers thought of it as slow, difficult and annoying.
User avatar
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Watch Dogs

Post by centip3de on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:53 pm
([msg=70293]see Re: Watch Dogs[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:+1, this is awfully true. Imagine the pain of the game designer tasked with making a realistic hacking part of a game, only to be deleted because the beta-testers thought of it as slow, difficult and annoying.


I suppose that's why we have wargames...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)



Return to Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests