PS2 emulator (FFX)

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

PS2 emulator (FFX)

Post by iistapp on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:03 am
([msg=50533]see PS2 emulator (FFX)[/msg])

So I finally found a proper BIOS for my PS2 emulator, and finally I can play Final Fantasy X on my computer.
Now here is my thing, I've spent hours and hours on this game on PS2, trying to complete the game 100% but it takes ages, and to do this a little faster I was wondering if anyone have any idea if there is some way to edit the memory card so I can do a little changing on my save to get lets say, infinite gold or something like that.

I run PCSX2 v0.9.6
There is a speed hack included for the emulator, but that''s not really too handy for me. Been reading about code breaker codes but can't figure out how to use them, so if anyone got any idea about this please share it : )

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Yea, the BIOS is from one of my friends PS2's so it's legal to use
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: PS2 emulator (FFX)

Post by insomaniacal on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:43 pm
([msg=50538]see Re: PS2 emulator (FFX)[/msg])

Kinda.

People have been doing save-state hacks for years, but my only expierience with that ends at ZSNES save-state files. I'm sure there's a similar process that could be applied to PS2 games.

A quick google search turns up FFX Hackers. Seems like a good place to start.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by iistapp on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:41 am
([msg=50653]see Re: PS2 emulator (FFX)[/msg])

Cheers, found a way to "open" my memory card and export my saved files to my desktop in the right format so I could modify them with another program designed for FFX save file modifying :)

The save state hack isn't really working out so well for me :P
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Post by insomaniacal on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:00 am
([msg=50681]see Re: PS2 emulator (FFX)[/msg])

iistapp wrote:The save state hack isn't really working out so well for me :P

Yea, you either had to spend long amounts of time playing and figuring out at what memory addresses the game stored whatever bit of data you're looking for, or follow a guide online and hope you got it right. If you are looking at a guide, make sure the versions match up.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by iistapp on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:03 am
([msg=50749]see Re: PS2 emulator (FFX)[/msg])

Tried that first, but ended up messing up the game so gave that up ;P

Anyways, the programs I use are called: MYMC, simply to open up my PS2 memory card and export/import files from/to it, very useful if you simply want to import a saved file that you have downloaded. and FFXED, specially made for Final Fantasy X. You can pretty much do most things with it, edit your weapons, skills, blitzball stuff and so on, even modify your characters outfit and there sphere grid.

Also tried to use a CodeBreaker CD version 10, but didn't work for some reason, might have something to do with my BIOS as it's not from America or Japan or whatever, might also be because my game is PAL version. The CB CD got cheats for like all the games and loads of cheats if you are interested in that :)

Or, if you want to do it the hard and want to learn how to use a hex editor you can do it the way insomaniacal said ^
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Post by zhorahh on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 am
([msg=78482]see Re: PS2 emulator (FFX)[/msg])

its not woring in my pc :(
zhorahh
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:30 pm
([msg=78500]see Re: PS2 emulator (FFX)[/msg])

zhorahh wrote:its not woring in my pc :(

If you'll notice, this thread hasn't been updated in 3 years. The OP and most of the people who commented on this post are long gone with no plans of coming back. If you want to continue discussion of the topic of this thread, please make a new topic about it.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Gaming