Completly new to hacking.

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Completly new to hacking.

Post by fonsi141 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:01 pm
([msg=49672]see Completly new to hacking.[/msg])

I do not know anything of hacking. My main purpose is to learn how to mod ps3 and video games. If anyone can give tips, resources or show me how i would appreciate it a lot.
fonsi141
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Completly new to hacking.

Post by jgreen45 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:43 pm
([msg=49675]see Re: Completly new to hacking.[/msg])

Well you have come to the right place to learn about traditional hacking :) i don't think HTS has any 'mod the ps3 missions' yet though ;)

To learn all i did was complete a mission, then google everything i wasn't sure of until i was solid on the concepts! :D

LEARN, LEARN, LEARN
I can't come to bed...
Someone is WRONG on the internet

http://xkcd.com/386/
jgreen45
Poster
Poster

Re: Completly new to hacking.

Post by msbachman on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:24 pm
([msg=49680]see Re: Completly new to hacking.[/msg])

You can find a bunch of stuff about modding games online--along with a bunch of scams and malware as well.

Basically, modding games involves altering files the game uses; with consoles, the extra step is added in that you have to make sure you've taken the necessary steps for your console that allows it to play burned games.

Just try to Google around for starters; you're more likely to get help if you have a specific issue, rather than asking a question that might take fifty pages to adequately cover.

Then again, it might just be easier to stick with PC games and go from there. Personally, never got into modding games beyond that of plain-text config files. The payout just wasn't worth it to me.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Gaming