Evony.com

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Evony.com

Post by CyberWulf on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:27 am
([msg=42920]see Evony.com[/msg])

Anyone else here playing Evony. I play on ss36. Play share if you do
Evony.com ss36
CyberWulf
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Evony.com

Post by Vulpine on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 am
([msg=42921]see Re: Evony.com[/msg])

After I caught that game trying to leak spyware onto my system... No way.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by tremor77 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:58 pm
([msg=42941]see Re: Evony.com[/msg])

Ya I played evony when it first came out and was called civony, but shortly after a lawsuit from CIV changed that.. then they were using building icons stolen from other games.... and evony does indeed drop spyware... the company that owns evony is based in China and I've heard of people who have said that their e-mail accounts were hacked after signing up.. (best bet.. e-mail you sign up with and password the same pass as your email login) - so that would indicate that they might also phish / use your information in a less that saavy manner. I never read the ToS but I'm sure they dont even have to abide by it.

That being said.. when I did play I was addicted as all hell.. played 15-20 hours a day from work and at home... after about a month I got burnt out and vowed to never go back.. instead - i'm a guild wars junky now.. much better game..
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by H4ku on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 am
([msg=45372]see Re: Evony.com[/msg])

This is the website I always see with the half naked chick saying "come play now me lord" or something like that. It just seemed shady so I decided I didn't want to go to the website. and now...I definitely don't...
H4ku
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:44 pm
([msg=45824]see Re: Evony.com[/msg])

the user base is insane.. it's become one of the most popular games in the world... and it is addicting as hell... it should be burnt.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Monica on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:47 pm
([msg=45826]see Re: Evony.com[/msg])

WTF is Evony? Some MMO? Jesus Christ. The userbase may be large, sure, but how much of the userbase actually plays the game? Get a real game, brah.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tremor77 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:56 pm
([msg=45830]see Re: Evony.com[/msg])

actually its a browser flash game rip-off of civilization and age of empires. and I personally don't play it anymore.. no one should.. it's evil. Although.. the concept is quite sick.. and if the company behind it weren't terrible scammers it would be even better. Atleast it's not farmville or mafia wars. The game does have a really good working economy and real-time strategy to it.. and if they weren't dropping spyware and run out of china the critics would probably be hailing it as revolutionary.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Gaming