Machinarium.

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Machinarium.

Post by FunctionCreep on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:48 am
([msg=40856]see Machinarium.[/msg])

When I was younger I used to play alot of adventure games. My favorites being The Longest Journey and the Myst series.

In an age that special effects,blood and fast paced action is an important factor for high-sales the adventure genre has almost vanished.

A small Czech team (7 people) have created this marvel of a game that anyone who has an appreciation for hand-drawn graphics, a different style of gameplay (point & click adventures anyone?) an involving atmosphere and pretty amazing music will definitely appreciate it. It comes at a price of 8 euros if you buy it off Steam.

website here. It also has an online flash demo of the game.

A trailer of the game can be found in youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwZBdWRSBRs.
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free." ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
FunctionCreep
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Machinarium.

Post by cilpolir on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 pm
([msg=40862]see Re: Machinarium.[/msg])

ah the good old times of myst :P played them all, finished just 2.. still a fantastic serie. But Riven was way to hard, never finished it. I've never finished the other 2 because of a lack off time. Maybe I will finish them one day :P
cilpolir
Poster
Poster

Post by thedotmaster on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:54 pm
([msg=40935]see Re: Machinarium.[/msg])

I bought and played this but after a while it started crashing and bugging out to the extent where it was unplayable. Real big shame as it had a lot of promise.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by FunctionCreep on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:20 pm
([msg=41140]see Re: Machinarium.[/msg])

But Riven was way to hard, never finished it.

Indeed one of the hardest adventure games out there.

it started crashing and bugging out to the extent where it was unplayable.

Hmm that's strange, I didn't encounter any problems with the game. Any chance you've got a weird/outdated etc. version of Flash? This game is built on flash AFAIK so there might be something wrong there. If you grabbed it off steam why don't you try re-downloading it, steam has had the tendency of f'ing things up for me.
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free." ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
FunctionCreep
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by thedotmaster on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:51 am
([msg=41182]see Re: Machinarium.[/msg])

FunctionCreep wrote:
it started crashing and bugging out to the extent where it was unplayable.

Hmm that's strange, I didn't encounter any problems with the game. Any chance you've got a weird/outdated etc. version of Flash? This game is built on flash AFAIK so there might be something wrong there. If you grabbed it off steam why don't you try re-downloading it, steam has had the tendency of f'ing things up for me.

I'm on Linux (the Linux flash binary is notoriously buggy) and of course I have the latest version of Flash.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Gaming