League of Legend conversation about fake websites

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

League of Legend conversation about fake websites

Post by seyaa on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:57 pm
([msg=77630]see League of Legend conversation about fake websites[/msg])

Hi everyone, I am new on the community and would like to say thank you for this nice website I discovered recently. :) So i go ahead .. Even if this forum seems a little dead, why not proposing a conversation about this thing :

I have recently played a game called League of Legends and, being interested in computing stuff around, i feel like there is something to stop with this following aberation :

1. You basically go in a chat room and spam a fake website like saying that there is the possibility to earn free points.
Nope.or
Nope nope.
2. Then as abvious as it can be, people click on the link and enter their account information to get the free points.

3. The guy receive probably an email with the information of the account to steal it later on.

I know a little about html and security like SQL injections etc, but this a really basic HTML form without php or JS or database behind.

Does anyone interested to try something to fight those websites ? Finding the email address would help already .. :)

Just wanted to share something this evening, something about people who need to be punished ...

Regards.
seyaa
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: League of Legend conversation about fake websites

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:41 pm
([msg=77631]see Re: League of Legend conversation about fake websites[/msg])

As shitty as what these people are doing, we can't do anything about it. Hacking another website, no matter what they're doing, is illegal and could put this website in deep legal shit if we help you do it. While, once again, it'd be great if someone did take these websites down, there's nothing we can do nothing about it. Sorry mate and best of luck.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by tremor77 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm
([msg=77689]see Re: League of Legend conversation about fake websites[/msg])

You can do 3 things.

1. Note the websites, and trace their domain/hosting and notify the hosting company of illegal activities.
2. Start your own website and publish scams and phishing sites, with a "dont visit these sites" list.
3. Direct as many people that play LoL to this link: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/21552105-Protecting-Your-Account

In the end it's all about trying to teach stupid people not to be stupid..

-edit- whoa.. i typed 'fishing' in my original post.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:55 am
([msg=77753]see Re: League of Legend conversation about fake websites[/msg])

Damn it's Tremor. What up!!

Anyways, although this is a game I feel it's more about social engineering than the game it self. I'm going to move it to the correct category.

Basically the best thing to do is Tremors advice. No one from here can legally acknowledge or help you in your attempt to change the world your way lol. :D
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Gitsu on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:28 pm
([msg=79310]see Re: League of Legend conversation about fake websites[/msg])

reading the posts i see basically what they are saying is look at the rules of the internet and find out a way you can expose them for being liars and thieves rather than hacking the website in order to do so thats from my understanding anyways am i wrong ?
Gitsu
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 pm
([msg=79311]see Re: League of Legend conversation about fake websites[/msg])

Basically yes. Just because someone is wrong there are other ways to go about getting them shutdown opposed to taking actions into your own hands. Both are options obviously, and you have to weigh to risks with the rewards. But as already mentioned, here at HTS aren't going to support illegal takedowns. We'll discuss the how to, and how things work, but not on a specific target.

Also, going to lock this since it's an old topic.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by Goatboy on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:33 pm
([msg=79312]see Re: League of Legend conversation about fake websites[/msg])

Gitsu wrote:reading the posts i see basically what they are saying is look at the rules of the internet and find out a way you can expose them for being liars and thieves rather than hacking the website in order to do so thats from my understanding anyways am i wrong ?

This post is from October and the guy never came back. Pretty sure we all agreed to just let this thread die silently.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Social Engineering