Chat apps / prevent personal info mining

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Chat apps / prevent personal info mining

Post by OurStreets on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 am
([msg=74809]see Chat apps / prevent personal info mining[/msg])

Any suggestions on how best to protect oneself when using gaming apps and/or chat apps with other players? I try to avoid most apps but the games I play require chat apps and I don't want the apps to have access to my personal info.

I'm still quite new and learning, so any info would be most appreciated.
OurStreets
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Chat apps / prevent personal info mining

Post by -Ninjex- on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:40 pm
([msg=74820]see Re: Chat apps / prevent personal info mining[/msg])

OurStreets wrote:Any suggestions on how best to protect oneself when using gaming apps and/or chat apps with other players? I try to avoid most apps but the games I play require chat apps and I don't want the apps to have access to my personal info.

I'm still quite new and learning, so any info would be most appreciated.

Make yourself a completely new identity, and make sure the alias for that identity is a completely random name, that has no personal attachments to you. The more you provide false information the better, as long as you remember the false information, and make sure not to get caught up in a lie. Next step I would take is to get a vpn so that people would not directly obtain my IP address.

Also, keep in mind if you go through a site such as facebook, I would make a new facebook account purely for that.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Gaming