mah botty

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

mah botty

Post by poltergeistfuckhead on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 pm
([msg=74561]see mah botty[/msg])

ok, so I went searching to see if anyone already had a bot for a game I want to bot in.

and trns out they do have one, but it doesn't work well and the guy is a shlup who hasn't updated it since 2009, and it's in .exe with no source.

so.. I was looking for a good decompiler, I had one on my other computer but can't remeber what the name was..

any suggestions for a good decompiler for an exe bot?

or if I know the hex address of registers such as health and such is there any way to write a bot to keep track of value of the hex address?

secondly how do I write a bot that is pre programmed to do certain key presses on a delay in a certain order once a condition is met?

bassically I want to write a melee bot for PvE content so I can just let the game grind/farm me while I work and sleep.

I know a bit of python and C so starting from there as a reference would be good.
poltergeistfuckhead
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: mah botty

Post by 3vilp4wn on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:23 pm
([msg=74562]see Re: mah botty[/msg])

Make your own.

It *will* be easier in the long run.
decompiling is...
...Hard.
It generates near-unreadable code, making it so much harder to update.

Or, you could ask whoever made it for the source. Chances are if he last updated in 2009, he'll be glad to have someone work on it if they give him credit.
Do not mistake understanding for realization, and do not mistake realization for liberation
Evil Ninja Hackers
???
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

1A4EAMboaXpgvUSmtRbVRqbfJrbyuGhyoo
3vilp4wn
Poster
Poster

Post by poltergeistfuckhead on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:38 am
([msg=74575]see Re: mah botty[/msg])

OK, advice taken, I will make my own.

I could use some help getting started though as I'm not that intricated to C and python as to write the whole thing myself.

the guy who made the bot is stubborn saying he will only update it for DE versions of the game which either have not happened or he has just decided to quit entirely.

so let me make a list of things I'll need to do and I would very much appreciate help in beginning the Code for it (you will get credit for how much you do) this type of Melee bot is perfectly legal, it's not a game exploit or anything and not really 'hacking' it's just making your computer play the game for you while you are busy doing other things.

List of needed code:

Start by defining the process to read memory from [user input]

automated custom [user input] Key presses based upon the completion/status of other tasks

Defining Enemy HP (leave it open for a hex code of the location in memory of the HP value)

Defining Player HP (same as above, put 'Hex code goes here' in the code)

Trigger custom [user input] actions based on reported number value of any of the above

with those code requests above I am certain we can create a multi functional bot used for completing tedious tasks given by the average MMO.

lets leave it completely open source too so others can tweek it for any uses they like so long as they give credit to the devs.

I think most of this can be done with If Else and open/read statements

to actually get HP numbers we will need memory reading abilities. I'm not sure how to code that one at all.
poltergeistfuckhead
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:43 pm
([msg=74587]see Re: mah botty[/msg])

poltergeistfuckhead wrote:OK, advice taken, I will make my own.

I could use some help getting started though as I'm not that intricated to C and python as to write the whole thing myself.

the guy who made the bot is stubborn saying he will only update it for DE versions of the game which either have not happened or he has just decided to quit entirely.

so let me make a list of things I'll need to do and I would very much appreciate help in beginning the Code for it (you will get credit for how much you do) this type of Melee bot is perfectly legal, it's not a game exploit or anything and not really 'hacking' it's just making your computer play the game for you while you are busy doing other things.

List of needed code:

Start by defining the process to read memory from [user input]

automated custom [user input] Key presses based upon the completion/status of other tasks

Defining Enemy HP (leave it open for a hex code of the location in memory of the HP value)

Defining Player HP (same as above, put 'Hex code goes here' in the code)

Trigger custom [user input] actions based on reported number value of any of the above

with those code requests above I am certain we can create a multi functional bot used for completing tedious tasks given by the average MMO.

lets leave it completely open source too so others can tweek it for any uses they like so long as they give credit to the devs.

I think most of this can be done with If Else and open/read statements

to actually get HP numbers we will need memory reading abilities. I'm not sure how to code that one at all.

Whoa now man, slow down. He never said he would help you out, and here you are planning out how you guys will release your source for your non-existent program. Anyway, here's a few tips I've learned along the way:

-Depending on what you're planning on doing, AutoIt can probably do it for you.
-If it can't, look up CheatEngine, it'll help you find all the values you need which you might be able to use and program into AutoIt.
-If all of that fails, look into Reverse Engineering it, making a small code-cave to move your character/attack/whatever you need and then reassembling the executable. (Much easier than making a disassembler and trying to work with the shitty code it outputs).
-If that still fails, try harder and repeat.

I'd highly suggest against writing your own disassembler for such a small and menial task. However, if you truely have an interest in it, by all means, go forth and prosper. But, once again, a disassembler is a very complex piece of software that you most likely don't need to write to achieve your goal.

Side note: Botting is most likely against the game's ToS.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by 3vilp4wn on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:47 pm
([msg=74601]see Re: mah botty[/msg])

I would love to help, however my current computer can't play games. It's 6 years old (and was crap when it was made), and has 270 Megs of RAM. If the game you want to make a bot for can run fine on those specs, I'll gladly help you. Unfortunately, I doubt it will, so here's some tips if you make it by yourself:

• If reading the variables fails, try http://pythonvision.org/
  • Try to make your bot go to a *specific* place (i.e. arena, training ground) and automatically kill anything there for the XP. That'll be WAY easier then writing one bot to do different things. In fact, in most games, all you have to do is spam shield, wait for enemy to get close, attack attack attack, repeat.

Good luck!
Do not mistake understanding for realization, and do not mistake realization for liberation
Evil Ninja Hackers
???
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

1A4EAMboaXpgvUSmtRbVRqbfJrbyuGhyoo
3vilp4wn
Poster
Poster

Return to Gaming