Elite-hackers.com

Dedicated to "idiots" right here on HTS! Please give them a "thanks" for free LULZ. However, please keep the flaming to yourselves!
Forum rules
Content must be appropriate. Keep the flaming to yourselves! For LULZ purposes only.

Re: Elite-hackers.com

Post by Phantom Wolf on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:19 pm
([msg=54195]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

terencemckenna wrote:So you are saying the whole site is a joke? I don't see how anybody would go through all the effort and hosting costs for a joke?

Take a closer look at the 'about' pages if you haven't already.
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Goatboy on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:21 pm
([msg=54196]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

terencemckenna wrote:So you are saying the whole site is a joke? I don't see how anybody would go through all the effort and hosting costs for a joke?

Anyone who would go through that much trouble for a joke is awesome. We use this site to troll people all the time. If anyone comes here asking for things we very clearly won't help with (identity theft, carding, phishing, etc.) we point them there. Without this site, things would be a lot less interesting.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by terencemckenna on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:53 am
([msg=54255]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

This guy is my hero...I went to the about page and read everything...stupid me...guess I should be the idiot of the year although it's only February now. Terence Mckenna takes a bow.
Guess I'll still hang out on the site just gonna be allot quieter until I get to know my shit.
terencemckenna
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:46 pm
([msg=54295]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

In the recode we may have to implement an idiot of the month/week that is voted on by the community. ;)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Goatboy on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:39 am
([msg=54311]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:In the recode we may have to implement an idiot of the month/week that is voted on by the community. ;)

We don't get weekly idiots, and monthly we might get one. I think Idiot of the Year works best. And yea, it would be quite lulzy to implement that.
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by msbachman on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:52 am
([msg=54314]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
fashizzlepop wrote:In the recode we may have to implement an idiot of the month/week that is voted on by the community. ;)

We don't get weekly idiots, and monthly we might get one. I think Idiot of the Year works best. And yea, it would be quite lulzy to implement that.

In the spirit of the 'black balls' system for rating posts, you could implement an 'idiot meter' in the recode. A button per post would increment the idiocy count of any given user, and said users could be ranked in order of stupidity via a "Hall of Idiocy."
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by insomaniacal on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:20 am
([msg=54315]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

msbachman wrote:In the spirit of the 'black balls' system for rating posts, you could implement an 'idiot meter' in the recode. A button per post would increment the idiocy count of any given user, and said users could be ranked in order of stupidity via a "Hall of Idiocy."

Ha! This would be perfect. I see potential for abuse by elitist bastards and n00bs alike, but it'd be hilarious nonetheless.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Goatboy on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:04 pm
([msg=54334]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

msbachman wrote:In the spirit of the 'black balls' system for rating posts, you could implement an 'idiot meter' in the recode. A button per post would increment the idiocy count of any given user, and said users could be ranked in order of stupidity via a "Hall of Idiocy."

No. Bad idea all around. As insom pointed out, this would be abused like there's no tomorrow. Hack Forums has a rep system, and although I hate to admit it, I do have an account there. I mostly troll people, but I like to answer the occasional intelligent question. I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten a bad rep there for being right when someone else is wrong. My +rep just barely outweighs my -rep, but if you look at the comments you can see that all the -rep is just from people being butthurt.

Another phenomena that occurs is called "rep-fucking" which is basically where a bunch of people -rep you because you pissed off one of their friends. And since people there blindly follow the rep system like it's the only way to judge someone, my measly 2 reputation means I am just a step above nobody. Conversely, people there tend to get +rep for being suck-ups and brown-nosers. The highest-repped people tend to be the largest donors, or have the highest post count, or the oldest join date. It's all in all a bad system.

Another thing I dislike is that the rep system tries to put a number on someone where it doesn't belong. Reputations should be earned slowly over time, by helping out and generally being a good person. Your reputation should precede you, to the point that people are name-dropping you in threads all the time. Reputations are a social thing, not a numbers game.

tl;dr - Any sort of rep system is bad and IOTY is clearly the best idea since I thought of it so =P
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:03 pm
([msg=54357]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

My idea was just a reddit-like vote system for the current biggest idiot. That way we could keep it fresh. The chances of this actually getting implemented are low, as first we need to finish the recode.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by insomaniacal on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:16 pm
([msg=54366]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

I can see it now. Perfectly streamlined and smooth "Idiot of the Year" system implemented, rest of site buggy as ****.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Idiots' Corner