Elite-hackers.com

Dedicated to "idiots" right here on HTS! Please give them a "thanks" for free LULZ. However, please keep the flaming to yourselves!
Forum rules
Content must be appropriate. Keep the flaming to yourselves! For LULZ purposes only.

Re: Elite-hackers.com

Post by insomaniacal on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:30 am
([msg=55069]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

I see nothing wrong with it, but I'm just a lowly forum-mod who can't do much about it. I'm guessing Kage would have the final say about it, and it wouldn't show up until the recode goes online (The current site is pretty much a lost cause, it seems).

He's usually on IRC (Or at least logged in, so you can leave him a message), check #hackthissite or #help.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Phantom Wolf on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 am
([msg=55072]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

Would you be putting the link on http://www.elite-hackers.com/links or on http://www.elite-hackers.com/about? I assume the latter, in which case it would be a great idea. HTS users would get a kick out of it, and hopefully some of your users would come here and actually learn something instead of being a jackass for the rest of their lives
"Well it isn't my fault. I shouldn't have been allowed to do something to crash it." "No, you shouldn't have been allowed to buy a computer in the first place"
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Post by schiz0id_ on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 am
([msg=55075]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

insomaniacal wrote:I see nothing wrong with it, but I'm just a lowly forum-mod who can't do much about it. I'm guessing Kage would have the final say about it, and it wouldn't show up until the recode goes online (The current site is pretty much a lost cause, it seems).

He's usually on IRC (Or at least logged in, so you can leave him a message), check #hackthissite or #help.

Awesome. Thanks.

-- Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 am --

Phantom Wolf wrote:Would you be putting the link on http://www.elite-hackers.com/links or on http://www.elite-hackers.com/about? I assume the latter, in which case it would be a great idea. HTS users would get a kick out of it, and hopefully some of your users would come here and actually learn something instead of being a jackass for the rest of their lives

That would really depend on where my link is on this site. If my link gets a spot right up front there is no reason why I couldn't do the same for this site. It would be like where SoldierX's link is on my main page now.

I'm not too familiar with this site, but if they were to put my link on a separate page, you could count on me doing the same. I would also probably put a link in the /about page as well like you suggested. I like that idea too.
schiz0id_
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:44 am
([msg=55076]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

Well shit, I need my coffee. When you asked about "the" site, I thought you were just another HTS member referring to Elite-Hackers admin, as opposed to one admin to another. Hence my sarcasm.

The only opposition I would have against you linking here (for what it's worth) is that many of the people going to your site are, as you know oh so well, complete and utter morons. If they cannot see the satire, they will think that HTS a 1337 ub3r h4x04 underground where they can learn how to break into banks using Notepad and command prompt. That's not the kind of person we really want here.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by Phantom Wolf on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:06 pm
([msg=55081]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:If they cannot see the satire, they will think that HTS a 1337 ub3r h4x04 underground where they can learn how to break into banks using Notepad and command prompt. That's not the kind of person we really want here.

That's why I think it should go on the /about page instead of the /links page. As for here, I don't see any problem putting it under "Partners" on the main page
"Well it isn't my fault. I shouldn't have been allowed to do something to crash it." "No, you shouldn't have been allowed to buy a computer in the first place"
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Post by schiz0id_ on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 pm
([msg=55082]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:Well shit, I need my coffee. When you asked about "the" site, I thought you were just another HTS member referring to Elite-Hackers admin, as opposed to one admin to another. Hence my sarcasm.

The only opposition I would have against you linking here (for what it's worth) is that many of the people going to your site are, as you know oh so well, complete and utter morons. If they cannot see the satire, they will think that HTS a 1337 ub3r h4x04 underground where they can learn how to break into banks using Notepad and command prompt. That's not the kind of person we really want here.

All of which is true to an extent. The main goal behind it is to drive traffic to HTS in return for traffic to mine. The way I see it, traffic is traffic. If HTS is not looking to attract beginners, my site probably wont have much of a benefit.

Then again, how many newbies come here compared to more experienced people?

-- Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am --

Phantom Wolf wrote:
Goatboy wrote:If they cannot see the satire, they will think that HTS a 1337 ub3r h4x04 underground where they can learn how to break into banks using Notepad and command prompt. That's not the kind of person we really want here.

That's why I think it should go on the /about page instead of the /links page. As for here, I don't see any problem putting it under "Partners" on the main page

I don't see a problem with that. However, to be honest, having the link on the /about page would not generate much traffic. Believe it or not, MOST people still don't know the site is a joke. My site has been up for over three years and I still have a hard time getting my head around that.
schiz0id_
New User
New User

Post by Phantom Wolf on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:16 pm
([msg=55083]see Re: Elite-hackers.com[/msg])

schiz0id_ wrote:All of which is true to an extent. The main goal behind it is to drive traffic to HTS in return for traffic to mine. The way I see it, traffic is traffic. If HTS is not looking to attract beginners, my site probably wont have much of a benefit.

Then again, how many newbies come here compared to more experienced people?

We want to attract beginners, but we want people who are really willing to learn. We get way too many people coming here looking for a quick no-work-required Facebook hack who don't actually want to take time to read or learn anything, and we don't want any more of them. I think if you post it on your /about and not your /link we'll get more legitimate beginners, and less want-to-be script kiddies.

And I'm sure there's a lot more beginners here than experienced users, but like I just said, plenty (most?) of them don't actually want to learn anything.
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Previous

Return to Idiots' Corner