Limdis' Doxing Mission --CHALLENGE DOWN--

This is the place for ALL of the user submitted challenges. If you create a little challenge/mission/riddle/whatever, post it here.
Forum rules
Do not post missions that you did NOT create without proper citing.

Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission

Post by hellow533 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 am
([msg=70337]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

Trying this now, looks like fun.

-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:29 am --

I hope this isn't spoiling anything, but I did find a little information. Email address, found out he likes a game (wont say which one) based on two websites showing videos of this, and HTS saying he liked it.

Am I on the right track?
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 pm
([msg=70346]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:29 am --

I hope this isn't spoiling anything, but I did find a little information. Email address, found out he likes a game (wont say which one) based on two websites showing videos of this, and HTS saying he liked it.

Am I on the right track?

Hmmm, I don't remember any videos... Then again, I could have just missed that part/Limdis added it in.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by limdis on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm
([msg=70359]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

centip3de wrote:

Am I on the right track?

Hmmm, I don't remember any videos... Then again, I could have just missed that part/Limdis added it in.

I haven't added any new content yet. I just fixed the issue I previously mentioned and everything is back up to 100%. As far as videos; yes there is one. However hellow533, a lot of people like games. Take note of this but it in and of itself won't give you a strong trail. Not just in this mission but in real life scenarios. Unless you're tracking someone who plays WoW hardcore or something. I'd spend more time on that email address, as it is likely linked to other accounts.

Also: 707*****@gmail.com - nice try but like I mentioned before you don't need to SE for this 8-)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by hellow533 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:31 am
([msg=70366]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

limdis wrote:
centip3de wrote:

Am I on the right track?

I haven't added any new content yet. I just fixed the issue I previously mentioned and everything is back up to 100%. As far as videos; yes there is one. However hellow533, a lot of people like games. Take note of this but it in and of itself won't give you a strong trail. Not just in this mission but in real life scenarios. Unless you're tracking someone who plays WoW hardcore or something. I'd spend more time on that email address, as it is likely linked to other accounts.

Also: 707*****@gmail.com - nice try but like I mentioned before you don't need to SE for this 8-)

Edit if spoiler, I found this game to be linked to his name multiple times. He said it on the forums. Looking at his email I used another name similar to his email and found more of these references, and then more on another forum. I doubt I'm on the right track and google does nothing but shoot me back to HTS account with the email I have. This same email doesn't even link to his other HBH account and it's the same one.

I must suck at doxing because I got stuck quick.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:55 am
([msg=70367]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:...google does nothing but shoot me back to HTS account with the email I have. This same email doesn't even link to his other HBH account and it's the same one.

This is a big lesson. Google won't tell you everything. The information is there but you will need to use another way to find it. Welcome to the difference between 'googling someone' and doxing them :geek:
limdis

Post by edone automaton on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:31 pm
([msg=70376]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

Cooool. I was waiting for this! Unfortunately I'm back at school now so wont have much time for it. was hoping it would drop during the holidays :D

I had a poke about for a half hour or so and came across a name, possible location, a few social network accounts, a love for a certain military fraternity and email. (does that sound like I'm moving forward or chasing red herrings?)
looking forward to getting at it again when I've got some time...
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 pm
([msg=70446]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

QSpec wrote:I wouldn't mind a write up on it.

I know what it means in a definition type sense, but little else aside from that.

Delivered, and added to the initial text:
https://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/1107/
limdis

Post by sipty on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:27 am
([msg=70560]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

Done! Thank you for the great mission - it chew through my Sunday and Monday morning like a termite goes through cherry wood! : D

On a side note: Is it bad, that I feel disappointed, due to the lack of certain 'files' not being offered as a reward? :p
sipty
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 pm
([msg=70568]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

sipty wrote:Done! Thank you for the great mission - it chew through my Sunday and Monday morning like a termite goes through cherry wood! : D
On a side note: Is it bad, that I feel disappointed, due to the lack of certain 'files' not being offered as a reward? :p

Well... I don't know for sure if you are done. I assume you must be got*****@gmail.com yes? I just manually pushed the next step to you because I was hit with another violation. :? . So if what was 'supposed' to happen didn't happen go back and check. However, if you did reach the end go back and leave you name in there! Bragging rights and such lol.

Glad you are enjoying/enjoyed it!
limdis

Post by sipty on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:05 am
([msg=70571]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

I dropped you an out of character message, in the case you didn't get it - where could we get together and talk? :D
sipty
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to User Submitted