S.E.T. Error

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

S.E.T. Error

Post by xVENOMx on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:34 am
([msg=80135]see S.E.T. Error[/msg])

Hi everyone,

I've been looking on the web for an answer to my specific problem with S.E.T. , but nor on kali.org forums , or on the tool creator's web site there was trace of an answer.

Basically I am using SET version 5.4.4

When I digit ifconfig:

Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:23:54:a1:66:a3
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
RX packets:339 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:339 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:49205 (48.0 KiB) TX bytes:49205 (48.0 KiB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1f:3c:b2:71:9c
inet addr:192.168.1.7 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::21f:3cff:feb2:719c/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:61725 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:44422 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:72717480 (69.3 MiB) TX bytes:7584250 (7.2 MiB)

When I put my IP ( wlan0 inet) in the IP request of set , I then write the website.By putting it on the browser bar I am able to get to the cloned website and able to get my username and pass.

But if stop using my adsl and start using 3g with my smartphone , the page WON'T LOAD

It only work with devices connected to my adsl.

Any of you know what is going on?

Do I have to activate any door on the modem? or is there something I am missing?

BEFORE every try , I activated metasploit community / pro start

Many thanks in advance

Venom
xVENOMx
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: S.E.T. Error

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 am
([msg=80137]see Re: S.E.T. Error[/msg])

You should probably learn about port-forwarding and TCP/IP. When connected to your internal network you get an IP-address from the router which will only be visible inside the network. So when other devices connect to that same router, they can connect to your IP at 192.168.1.7. However, if you go outside of your network (say the Internet), the IP-address 192.168.1.7 doesn't exist. Instead you have your external IP-address (search "what's my ip") and you need to tell your router that you want to be able to connect from the external IP-address to the internal 192.168.1.7 IP-address. Port forwarding (the term used for 'opening the door') can be used for this, again, search how this works. But you'd probably be better off first learning more before you accidentally get yourself into trouble using those tools.
Free your mind / Think clearly
I use the sarcasm color for both sarcasm and irony
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by xVENOMx on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:40 am
([msg=80139]see Re: S.E.T. Error[/msg])

Thank you cyberdrain,

Yeah I do not have a clear idea of the function of my router , since unlike the other tipical routers that give the administrator the possibility to use both protocols , mine instead allow me to set only TCP or only UDP.

My router , gave by vodafone (Vodafonestation2) just don't give me the possibility to set both protocols.

This is how the port forwarding configuration page look like:
-
Service - local address - Protocol - External door - Internal door - Active - Set

(Name of the app.) (loca ip) (or TCP or UDP , not both) (2 empty lines) (1 empty line) (on/off)

Do you have any Idea of how possibly solve this problem?
Or is this not so important after all?

Many thanks
xVENOMx
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:36 pm
([msg=80144]see Re: S.E.T. Error[/msg])

This is the one time I'll point you to a website you could've found yourself if you would just use a search-engine. Here you go. Now, please next time, search first, ask later. Nobody here likes to do all the work for you, this isn't that kind of community. So if you need that kind of help and can't learn it yourself, please stay away from SET before you can.
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by xVENOMx on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:35 am
([msg=80151]see Re: S.E.T. Error[/msg])

Thanks Cyberdrain,

Since yesterday I got that is a port fowarding problem , I've been looking a quite number of documents in order to have some background with it.

I will talso take a look to the website you gave me.

Try to understand me , I tought I was missing something simple and I asked , but I realized is not this case.

I will try to get a solution myself ,

Anyway thanks for your help

Venom
xVENOMx
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:09 am
([msg=80158]see Re: S.E.T. Error[/msg])

Well, I guess you were right to ask then. I mean, if you've never heard of port forwarding, how can you find out what it is? If with the provided documentation you still can't get the hang of it or have another problem you can't fix by just searching for it, please ask. I didn't want to discourage asking, just encourage self-discovery of information :) You might find that that way information comes more easily or can be used to fix something others couldn't. Good luck either way.
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Return to Social Engineering