Noobish Python help pl0x

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

Re: Noobish Python help pl0x

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:39 am
([msg=49701]see Re: Noobish Python help pl0x[/msg])

300+ folders? I would imagine that your script should be able to read the mail sent to a single folder and act on that. I assume that's what you are working on?
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:14 am
([msg=49704]see Re: Noobish Python help pl0x[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
Vulpine wrote:
centip3de wrote:It uses mozilla thunderbird and an add-on for it. (If anyones interested I'll go into greater detail)

I'm very interested in this greater detail.

I think that means, "I'm very interested in this, go into greater detail" or something along those lines.

Anywho, I'm able to control my comp via text messages because of email. On Mozilla Thunderbird it has an option to sort your emails, i.e. if its from johniscool@epicprovider.com it will put it in the "john is cool" folder. Now there is an addon called, Mailbox Alert that whenever you get mail, it will do a specific action like play a sound or even start a program (get where I'm going ;) ). So basically I made a crap load (near 300) folders for all the different possible text messages, or commands I would want to do. And set the Mailbox Alert to a different batch program (I know, highly ineffective) that would write a text file, and start my mother program. This program would read the file, and depending on what it said, correspond properly. This could be anywhere to sending a text back to, starting a process, to taking a screenshot and sending it to me (if my friends didn't believe me :D ). And all I had to do , was send a text to my email. :)

Hope thats what you meant xD

Reminds me of a year or two ago when I was doing the same. I was using twitter (since you can tweet from your phone) and a script I wrote to automatically check my twitter account. The only problem was that I hate twitter :P

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by centip3de on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:46 pm
([msg=49741]see Re: Noobish Python help pl0x[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:300+ folders? I would imagine that your script should be able to read the mail sent to a single folder and act on that. I assume that's what you are working on?

Haha how'd you know? :P

-- Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:46 pm --

sanddbox wrote:The only problem was that I hate twitter :P

+1 :ugeek:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by shadowboy1505 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 pm
([msg=53265]see Re: Noobish Python help pl0x[/msg])

What command did you use to take a screenshot?
shadowboy1505
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:37 pm
([msg=53267]see Re: Noobish Python help pl0x[/msg])

shadowboy1505 wrote:What command did you use to take a screenshot?

I don't know what method he used, but in Python one way is:
Code: Select all
import ImageGrab
# you can change these coordinates to whatever section of the screen you want to snapshot.
im = ImageGrab.grab((0,0,850,750))
im.save("img.jpg")
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:50 am
([msg=53275]see Re: Noobish Python help pl0x[/msg])

Defience wrote:
shadowboy1505 wrote:What command did you use to take a screenshot?

I don't know what method he used, but in Python one way is:
Code: Select all
import ImageGrab
# you can change these coordinates to whatever section of the screen you want to snapshot.
im = ImageGrab.grab((0,0,850,750))
im.save("img.jpg")

And then sent it off, but pretty much that's what I did.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Previous

Return to Interpreted Languages