PHP for noobs

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

PHP for noobs

Post by automatica on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
([msg=20474]see PHP for noobs[/msg])

Hi all, thought I would throw this up here just to get my head around some PHP. I've been doing some research for a website I'm developing and have got the java and html set, but have got to a part where I have to call in a subroutine php file to allow the user to register, log in, and even manage the users myself so that they are redirected to the correct part of the site after they are logged in (each user will be directed to different parts of the site based off of their needs). Thankfully PHP looks to be based on C and java, something I'm semi-fluent in.

A few questions here, first of feel free to post up any help for the php noob as I'm still doing google research but don't know if I'm staring at the right stuff (so far I'm sticking to w3schools.com... kind of hard to go wrong there I've found). First off I would need three php files, one for registering the user, one for logging the user in, and one for databasing the users information to allow them to log in correct? Secondly, I'm looking at hosts and thinking a free host. I know they can be a little funky with code that I've just been checking in my browser, plus the advertisements all over. Does anyone have any suggestions on free hosts?
When it comes to brainwashing it's best to do your own laundry.
automatica
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: PHP for noobs

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:05 pm
([msg=20475]see Re: PHP for noobs[/msg])

Look into using MySQL and PHP together. Also, as for hosts... t35.com is good.
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by automatica on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:28 pm
([msg=20723]see Re: PHP for noobs[/msg])

^ I see what you're saying there as I delve in deeper. MySQL is starting to play a key role. As far as hosts t35 supports free unless you load up MySQL. Ah well more host research.

Edit to add - http://www.125mb.com/ looks to be a good host for free php and MySQL combos. I'll let you all know how that goes.
When it comes to brainwashing it's best to do your own laundry.
automatica
New User
New User

Post by YayPython on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:02 am
([msg=21572]see Re: PHP for noobs[/msg])

Sorry for my lateness...

You could do hostrator.com and hostwq.net too. But hostwq is...well it crashes a lot.
YayPython
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Defience on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 am
([msg=21772]see Re: PHP for noobs[/msg])

automatica wrote:^ I see what you're saying there as I delve in deeper. MySQL is starting to play a key role. As far as hosts t35 supports free unless you load up MySQL. Ah well more host research.

Edit to add - http://www.125mb.com/ looks to be a good host for free php and MySQL combos. I'll let you all know how that goes.

You could download xampp or xampplite which contains php and mysql database and then run it from your own computer /localhost/
Defience
Addict
Addict

Return to Interpreted Languages