Python 3

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

Python 3

Post by liz4rdm4n on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:18 am
([msg=86806]see Python 3[/msg])

I'm looking for practical ideas to get me coding more - specifically in Python 3. I've done a fair bit of problem solving at a beginner and intermediate level and I'm looking for more. I was advised codecadamey, but all their Python is 2.7. I've also been advised to make something but have only seen small programs that don't interest me and I'm not really sure how to get started on something worthwhile - maybe some dull tasks I can automate with Python, something with a bit of purpose and not some lame text adventure game I have no use for. I've hit a brick wall because wherever I go now I seem to be learning the same old basics over and over again.

Can anyone suggest any projects to get started on, or somewhere where I can spend a solid few hours a night coding?
liz4rdm4n
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Python 3

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:40 am
([msg=86807]see Re: Python 3[/msg])

I'd say check out the programming missions, they were designed with learning languages in mind. If that's not what you were looking for, read Violent Python and try to create some of the PoCs without looking at the answers. You could also create your own projects: code a network scanner, port scanner, web crawler. And if you don't want to do anything hacking related, there are things like Rosetta Code or several universities that host challenges for you to complete, not unlike the programming missions here. I could think of a few other things, but this might get you started :)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by liz4rdm4n on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:02 am
([msg=86808]see Re: Python 3[/msg])

Thanks - thats exactly the kinda suggestions I'm looking for.

Should keep me busy!
liz4rdm4n
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:06 am
([msg=86809]see Re: Python 3[/msg])

Sure, no problem. If you need help with programming or solving something, just join us on IRC and ask. There are usually some people around to help :D
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by liz4rdm4n on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:49 pm
([msg=86814]see Re: Python 3[/msg])

Not used IRC in years. Back in the counter strike days. Is there any need to connect through a proxy etc?
liz4rdm4n
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:28 am
([msg=86826]see Re: Python 3[/msg])

liz4rdm4n wrote:Is there any need to connect through a proxy etc?

The cloak is enabled by default, so there's no need to connect through a proxy. You might want to register a nick though, but you probably know how that works.
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by tgoe on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:05 pm
([msg=86837]see Re: Python 3[/msg])

You could help push py2 projects in the py3 direction: https://python3wos.appspot.com/. :)
tgoe
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Interpreted Languages