Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made

Post by Th3_M4d_H4tt3r on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:12 pm
([msg=76156]see Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

This python base MD5 Decrypter tool I made is rather quick but cannot crack passwords with numbers or special chars.
it can crack a 4 letter long password in 5 minutes, it generates its own rainbow table to use for decrypting.
you easily modify it to decrypt SHA1 or SHA2.

the maximum length for a password to be cracked is 8, then again you can modify the rainbow table generator.

here is the code:
Code: Select all
import hashlib
import sys
import string
import time

crackfile = sys.argv[1]   #read hash file

#start of our rainbow table generator code
def rainbow():
   x=1
   for x in range(x):
      for i in range(52):
         a=string.letters[i+x]
         for i in range(52):
            b=string.letters[i+x]
            for i in range(52):
               c=string.letters[i+x]
               for i in range(52):
                  d=string.letters[i+x]
                  for i in range(52):
                     e=string.letters[i+x]
                     for i in range(52):
                        f=string.letters[i+x]
                        for i in range(52):
                           g=string.letters[i+x]
                           for i in range(52):
                              h=string.letters[i+x]
                              yield h+g+f+e+d+c+b+a
                              yield h+g+f+e+d+c+b
                              yield h+g+f+e+d+c
                              yield h+g+f+e+d
                              yield h+g+f+e
                              yield h+g+f
                              yield h+g
                              yield h
#end of our rainbow table generator code

def Crack(passwd,HPS,alreadycracked=''):
   with open(crackfile, "r") as f:
      for h4sh in f:
         h4sh = h4sh.translate(None, "\n")
         h4sh2 = hashlib.md5(passwd).hexdigest()
         if h4sh in h4sh2:
            if passwd in alreadycracked:
               pass
            else:
               print "[ "+str(time.clock())+" ] "+""+h4sh+" is: '"+passwd+"'"
               return passwd
         elapsed=time.clock()
         print "Guessed Hashes: "+str(HPS)
         print "Total time elapsed: "+str(elapsed)
         print "\033[3A"

print "PyCracker - By Th3 M4d H4tt3r"

cracked=''
HPS=0

for rain in rainbow():
   HPS=HPS+1
   if cracked:
      Crack(rain,HPS,cracked)
   else:
      cracked=Crack(rain,HPS)

Hope you guys like it :)
- Th3_M4d_H4tt3r

here are some test hashes you can use:

e2fc714c4727ee9395f324cd2e7f331f
900150983cd24fb0d6963f7d28e17f72
1a1dc91c907325c69271ddf0c944bc72
01fd38eaba0338571d10d5b2d36dfa6c

have fun :)

-- Moved to Programming section of the forums. ~Cent --
Th3_M4d_H4tt3r
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:46 pm
([msg=76157]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

Great post, the title is a bit misleading. You don't decrypt md5, since it is a hash. You can run a dictionary, rainbow, or bruteforce attack on the hash.

This seems to be a bruteforcer for md5?

Also, I wouldn't say that it creates it's own rainbow table to use, because that's still like running a dictionary attack if it has to first convert to md5 and then compare, opposed to just comparing pre-configured md5 hash values.

Also, to make it faster, program it in something like C. Python works great (and I have done similar in php) but using an interpreted language opposed to a compiled will make it much faster.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Th3_M4d_H4tt3r on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:49 pm
([msg=76158]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

Although it uses a dictionary like attack, it does generate its own table for cracking although not a rainbow table, it still uses the same method :lol:

It could use numbers in the attack though. I am now working on one that can crack passwords with numbers

EDIT; the only problem is I don't know very much C or C++
Tip me if I helped you!
BTC Address: 15wu8gxFAemZH3jC4km3Z8gMYtKHLxpnEv
Th3_M4d_H4tt3r
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 pm
([msg=76159]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

Th3_M4d_H4tt3r wrote:Although it uses a dictionary like attack, it does generate its own table for cracking.

It could use numbers in the attack though. I am now working on one that can crack passwords with numbers

hrmm, I was going to make a post explaining all of these soon and posting some of my source code, but I will post the dictionary attack I made in php here, as it seems to fit.

<?php

//************************************************************************************************************************************
/*************************************************************************************************************************************
/***********************************************   Made by: Ninjex      ******************************************************
**********    This tool is used to crack md5 using a dictionary attack. All you have to do is specify the hash    ********************
************    and the tool should then run the attack on that hash, and tell you if it was located or not.    **********************
*///**********************************************************************************************************************************
//************************************************************************************************************************************

fwrite(STDOUT, "Please enter in the hash to decrypt: "); // asking for the hash
$hash = trim(fgets(STDIN)); // grab the hash with STDIN
fwrite(STDOUT, "Please enter the full path to your dictionary: "); // asking for dictionary
$dict = trim(fgets(STDIN));

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if(!file_exists($dict)){ // if the file dictionary is invalid
    echo "The dictionary path you entered was invalid, please try again!\n"; // printing invalid path
    exit; // close the program
}

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$dictionary = fopen($dict, "r"); // declaring our dictionary file with read privileges.
$hashed = NULL; // setting a variable hashed which will be used to hash words to NULL for the while loop.

while(!feof($dictionary) && $hashed != $hash) { // while the hashed word != the hash and we are not at the end of the file.
    $word = fgets($dictionary); // grab the current word on the current line
    $word = rtrim($word); // remove trailing whitespace from the word on the line (\n)
    $hashed = md5($word); // convert the word into md5 and store it into $hashed
} // closing while

if($hashed == $hash) { // if the hash is found, print out the word that was converted and matched
    echo "The value of the hash is: $word\n"; // echo the original value of the hash
} // closing if

if($hashed != $hash) { // If the hashed words and the hash never found a match
    echo "The value of the hash is not in this dictionary!\n"; // echo that the value was not inside our dictionary
    } // closing if

fclose($dictionary); // close our dictionary file

?>

Note that the art for the title looks 100x better in nano / gedit
Last edited by -Ninjex- on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Th3_M4d_H4tt3r on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:56 pm
([msg=76160]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
Th3_M4d_H4tt3r wrote:Although it uses a dictionary like attack, it does generate its own table for cracking.

hrmm, I was going to make a post explaining all of these soon and posting some of my source code, but I will post the dictionary attack I made in php here, as it seems to fit.

<?php

/*************************************************************************************************************************************
/***********************************************   Made by: Ninjex      ******************************************************
**********    This tool is used to crack md5 using a dictionary attack. All you have to do is specify the hash    ********************
************    and the tool should then run the attack on that hash, and tell you if it was located or not.    **********************
*///**********************************************************************************************************************************

fwrite(STDOUT, "Please enter in the hash to decrypt: "); // asking for the hash
$hash = trim(fgets(STDIN)); // grab the hash with STDIN
$dictionary = fopen("/home/ninjex/words.lst", "r"); // declaring our dictionary file with read privileges.
$hashed = NULL; // setting a variable hashed which will be used to hash words to NULL for the while loop.

while(!feof($dictionary) && $hashed != $hash) { // while the hashed word != the hash and we are not at the end of the file.
    $word = fgets($dictionary); // grab the current word on the current line
    $word = rtrim($word); // remove trailing whitespace from the word on the line (\n)
    $hashed = md5($word); // convert the word into md5 and store it into $hashed

if($hashed == $hash) { // if the hash is found, end the while loop, and print out the word that was converted and matched
  echo "The value of the hash is: $word\n"; // echo the original value of the hash
  } // closing if
} // closing while

if($hashed != $hash) { // out of the while loop to save performance time. If the hashed words and the hash never found a match
    echo "The value of the hash is not in this dictionary!\n"; // echo that the value was not inside our dictionary
    } // closing if

fclose($dictionary); // close our dictionary file

?>

Note that the art for the title looks 100x better in nano / gedit

thats pretty cool, I never thought about using PHP XD
Tip me if I helped you!
Th3_M4d_H4tt3r
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 pm
([msg=76161]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

Yeah, I just tweaked the code to allow stdin to grab the dictionary file instead of having it hard coded into a variable :p

Anyways, I plan on posting these soon to explain each step of the way. Even converting dictionaries into rainbow tables.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by hellow533 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 am
([msg=76163]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

Without numbers or special chars a 4 character password shouldn't take a full five minutes. That being said, it's a nice code, impressive for python and is more than I'm willing to do. Good job.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:27 am
([msg=76168]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:Without numbers or special chars a 4 character password shouldn't take a full five minutes. That being said, it's a nice code, impressive for python and is more than I'm willing to do. Good job.

Yeah, another reason the title is misleading. I wouldn't say it is powerful, but it is a nice contribution and can be used for a great learning experience.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Th3_M4d_H4tt3r on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:11 pm
([msg=76172]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

Well, I would say it is quite powerful for what python can do; thats what I meant. :|
Tip me if I helped you!
Th3_M4d_H4tt3r
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by centip3de on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:43 pm
([msg=76175]see Re: Powerful Python md5 Decrypter I Made[/msg])

Th3_M4d_H4tt3r wrote:Well, I would say it is quite powerful for what python can do; thats what I meant. :|

For what Python can do? Python can do anything any other language can do (although things closer to the metal become slightly more difficult). You can fairly easily write a debugger/disassembler in Python, you can write a video game, you can write an operating system (but that's a bit more tricky. You'd most likely have to write a byte-code converter until you can fully port Python itself, but I digress.). You can literally do anything you want in it.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Next

Return to Interpreted Languages