What next

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

What next

Post by PinkFloyd22 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:54 pm
([msg=78457]see What next[/msg])

So I just finished learn python the hard way,I've done some of my own projects,did some missions from hts and some from project euler.I was wondering what should I do next to get better and to surpass that basic level I got now.I guess the answer is practice but if you got any particular project or some book to help would be great.Thanks in advance
^_^
PinkFloyd22
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What next

Post by centip3de on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:16 pm
([msg=78460]see Re: What next[/msg])

PinkFloyd22 wrote:So I just finished learn python the hard way,I've done some of my own projects,did some missions from hts and some from project euler.I was wondering what should I do next to get better and to surpass that basic level I got now.I guess the answer is practice but if you got any particular project or some book to help would be great.Thanks in advance

You are correct, the answer is practice (i.e. just write a bunch of code)! If you're wondering what to program, the answer is whatever you want. Want to write a video game? Write one. Want to write a webscrapper? Write one. Want to write a programming language? Write one. Want to write an IRC bot? Write one. Writing anything is better than just sitting placidly and plateauing.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Re: What next

Post by Goatboy on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:11 am
([msg=78512]see Re: What next[/msg])

I find it always helps to take a look at some existing program and try to modify it, however much you can, to do something different. Maybe start out by adding in some debugging output to see what goes on as it runs. Maybe upgrade that to logging. Hell if it's good you might even be able to submit your changes and get it into the repository.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Interpreted Languages