Possibility for a Program

Possibility for a Program

Post by Bren2010 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:58 pm
([msg=21649]see Possibility for a Program[/msg])

I don't know C or C++ and I'm not gonna pretend to, however, I would like to know if its possible to create a program I though would be cool. My computers kind of crappy and I lose (as in they get deleted somehow) my files allot, and it irritates me :evil: . I have all of my web projects on one drive and a CANNOT lose them, so I thought a program that periodically ran and syncs all of your files to a separate web server.

My question about this is, is a program like this even possible? If it is could it use a web form on the server, or would it have to use FTP? Is there already a program like this? Also, could it run periodically by itself or would I have to run it whenever I wanted it to sync?

Btw, please know I meant sync (I.E. new file on computer, file gets copied to server. new file on server, file gets copied to computer)

Thank you! :D
Bren2010
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Possibility for a Program

Post by nothingness on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 pm
([msg=21651]see Re: Possibility for a Program[/msg])

Don't think you need a program for that... you mean like sending the files to a website and retreiving them later?

I've been thinking of another type of program. You know how some websites allow you to post as a guest, you just pick a random username and type in your comment? Could a program allow you to do that on websites that don't have the option to, by telling the site what username to display and saying "this guy is logged in"?
nothingness
New User
New User

Re: Possibility for a Program

Post by tgoe on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:30 pm
([msg=21659]see Re: Possibility for a Program[/msg])

syncs all of your files

This is an old problem with many solutions -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_synchronization
As for scheduling, cron is your friend.

--
You should focus on fixing that random deletion problem though :?
tgoe
Contributor
Contributor

Return to C and C++