Listing Wireless Networks (C++)

Listing Wireless Networks (C++)

Post by YayPython on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:49 am
([msg=18694]see Listing Wireless Networks (C++)[/msg])

I'm using C++, and I was wondering about how I could list the wirless networks my computer can see, along with channel, IP, ISP, signal strength, and speed. I'm working on a command line hacker tool, and I need this. I can alternativly do it in Batch or Python, if it's easier.

I have searched Google. Can any of you point me to a tutorial or give a few pointers for me?

(Oh, and I can't do it in Perl...)

EDIT: Oh, also with C++, I'm using the system() function to call batch files to run different programs, and my main application doesn't respond (it shouldn't respond with this method). Are there other ways to do this?
YayPython
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Listing Wireless Networks (C++)

Post by mischief on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:32 am
([msg=18780]see Re: Listing Wireless Networks (C++)[/msg])

YayPython wrote:I'm using C++, and I was wondering about how I could list the wirless networks my computer can see, along with channel, IP, ISP, signal strength, and speed. I'm working on a command line hacker tool, and I need this. I can alternativly do it in Batch or Python, if it's easier.I have searched Google. Can any of you point me to a tutorial or give a few pointers for me? (Oh, and I can't do it in Perl...)

a quick google brought me here: http://code.mincus.com/31/windows-wireless-api/

YayPython wrote:EDIT: Oh, also with C++, I'm using the system() function to call batch files to run different programs, and my main application doesn't respond (it shouldn't respond with this method). Are there other ways to do this?

as for this, what exactly are you calling with system()? calling system() is generally a bad practice unless it can't be avoided.
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by YayPython on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:44 pm
([msg=18818]see Re: Listing Wireless Networks (C++)[/msg])

It calls a batch file with commands to run certain programs. Ex:
Filesystem:
Program
-Program.exe
program.bat
Launcher.exe

Launcher.exe:
Code: Select all
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main(){
sytem("program");
}

It works, just Launcher.exe won't respond until you close the other program.
YayPython
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mischief on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:34 pm
([msg=18914]see Re: Listing Wireless Networks (C++)[/msg])

why do you need to do this? what programs are you calling that NEED to be called and can't be implemented another way?

also, look into the windows API call CreateProcess. i suggest using CreateProcessA, the ANSI version, to avoid dealing with wide characters..
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Return to C and C++