writting with C..

writting with C..

Post by topdawgie on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:16 am
([msg=16970]see writting with C..[/msg])

Goal: build a program using C language that will log me into a web page on the internet at specified times.
Experence with C: NONE
I have an intrest in learning how to creat a program that will allow me to automatically sign into a webpage(that I have access to using a username + password) at different times of the day all by itself.Im sure it has been done before and guessing thats why "cache input" is required at a lot of web pages.
I have been cruising around looking for C programming info,but still unsure how to go about building what I need to start. I created the file project1.glade and source file interface.c
Could you guys give me a push? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Am I looking to make a bot?
topdawgie
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: writting with C..

Post by Stoney on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:56 am
([msg=16980]see Re: writting with C..[/msg])

If you don't want to go to much into C/C++ (for future programs) I would suggest coding an add-on for Firefox. Not much to it and you could pick up the language much more faster.
But again...that's only if you just want to do that one thing and don't want to spend a long time learning C/C++
It is my job to corrupt young people with the contagious, infectious idea of individual freedom.
Stoney
New User
New User

Post by xcurious on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:07 pm
([msg=16984]see Re: writting with C..[/msg])

Ok these are a list of things to do:

1. Learn basic C first. (www.cprogramming.com)
2. Learn socket programming. (google C winsock tuts or w/e)
3. Learn how to use a packet sniffer so you can see the correct data to send to the web page that you want to be logged into.
4. win
Alternatively for steps 2 and 3, there are libraries such as curl that will help but i have no experience on using them.

Step 1 is compulsory.
- Apologies to all who I have flamed in the past. Thanks mods for unbanning me.

ckw100 wrote:so i have been pacticeing my batch file hacking for networks
xcurious
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by topdawgie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:33 pm
([msg=17181]see Re: writting with C..[/msg])

After reading / deciding what language I wanted to do this with, I decided to go with python. I am getting a bit familiar with it. Yes, I would like to learn the lang. for down the road and thought this would be a good place to start. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction with the packet sniffer and winsock!!
topdawgie
New User
New User

Post by topdawgie on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:05 pm
([msg=17223]see Re: writting with C..[/msg])

tolxyjane
Disclaimer :
HackThisSite does not support illegal activities.

I am by no means a moderator of any sort,but I will support and abide by all the rules they enforce!
If any moderator thinks I was wrong for making this post,tell me and I will remove it.
topdawgie
New User
New User

Post by Monica on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:23 pm
([msg=17692]see Re: writting with C..[/msg])

Topdawgie,

Thanks for the disclaimer; it makes the job easier for all of us. ;)
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Defience on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:17 pm
([msg=17701]see Re: writting with C..[/msg])

topdawgie wrote:After reading / deciding what language I wanted to do this with, I decided to go with python. I am getting a bit familiar with it. Yes, I would like to learn the lang. for down the road and thought this would be a good place to start. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction with the packet sniffer and winsock!!

I have dabbled in C & PHP but I personally use Python and like it but it's an individual choice. I'd suggest starting with one and becoming familiar with it ( as you said you are) and then perhaps trying another to see the similarities/differences. I started out with C years ago but eventually made the switch to Python which I am personally more comfortable with although there are times a different language may meet my needs better so it doesn't hurt to have an understanding of more than one. Start with one....then experiment with others :P
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by mischief on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:01 am
([msg=19141]see Re: writting with C..[/msg])

you should check out the libcURL c and c++ bindings. http communication could not be easier ^^
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Return to C and C++