Ideas anyone?!

Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by hellow533 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:52 pm
([msg=76089]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:If anyone is willing to go through the Useful Stuff page and find newer, updated material to replace some of the tools there, it would be much appreciated.

Add TCPdump and Dsniff to the list.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:27 pm
([msg=76092]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:BUMPPPPPPP

Also, if you find dead links, bad content, or weird, outdated stuff, post it here!!!

If anyone is willing to go through the Useful Stuff page and find newer, updated material to replace some of the tools there, it would be much appreciated.

I attempted to update the list with Kali Linux.

I'm not sure if the submission is working correctly. Upon submitting the form, nothing happens from the insert.php script; there is no notification as if the submission was successful or non-successful.

Details on my submission:

Code: Select all
Name:
Kali Linux

Desc:
Kali Linux, a project designed by offensive security, is a professional penetration testing operating system, based on debian and uses an FHS-compliant system. This means that the operating system is more stable, and is able to call all of the tools from any directory, regardless of your position in the directory tree. Kali Linux includes all the tools which come with Backtrack, along with a few additions.

Linky:
http://www.kali.org/

Pic (not required):
http://www.kali.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/kali-home-large-slider2.jpg

Type of object:
***none assigned***

Cat:
Hacking tools

Linux

I also believe on the page that Link has been misspelled to Linky.

edit**

I just seen the update where the JavaScript 3 mission is being fixed, so I have to ask.
When will we be seeing a patch for that damned application challenge, you all know which one I'm talking about.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by sharpskater69 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:52 pm
([msg=76111]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Quick thoughts would be work out the kinks in apps 17/18, and in the long run more apps that can't be patched(7,13,17,18). Those are a lot of fun.
sharpskater69
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:36 pm
([msg=76162]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

We all know how buggy these forums are, and I don't know what the plans are for it, but anyway...

I was thinking it would be nice for wherever someone seen a code tag on the forums such as:

Code: Select all
some random programming code here

If there was a button near the top, similar to the select all code, that would allow you to expand the code and to view it in a much larger document, opposed to that tiny box.

Again, this might not ever happen, since we may even switch to another type of forum; just a thought.

**Edit**
I heard the article submissions are broken at the moment, after trying to submit some content to the community.
Anywho, this is going to be worked on, I know. I just wanted to add in a tedious detail that I believe could have an easy fix while the devs work on this. Basically, when clicking on any of the code buttons to insert code into the article, it will append the code at the very end of the document, opposed to where the cursor is actually at. i.e. if I finish my article and go back to the top and highlight the title, and then click on the "title" button, it will add the code [h1] [/h1] to the bottom of the document. Same goes for all other codes such as url, image, etc.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by thenoobcoder on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:15 am
([msg=76334]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Hello everyone,
First of all i would like to let all of you know that im new here so dont start flaming at me

I noticed that when i completed realistic 1, the mission did not get marked as completed so my suggestion is that once you have completed a mission, that particular mission should be marked as completed on the list so you wont have to check your profile again and again to see what missions you have completed
thenoobcoder
New User
New User

Post by brutal_hacker on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:05 pm
([msg=76354]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I remember not too long ago someone was talking about a mobile app for this site. Point the forum admin towards this link

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... er_mobile/

Something thats in the pipeline. Worth a look
brutal_hacker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by John-Doe252 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:24 am
([msg=76391]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Hey guys! Great site!

Two things I'd like to suggest:

1) You could add informative links about the methods used to exploit in a mission after it has been completed. You have far more experience when it comes to quality. That google provides the information as well is clear but you could help filter stuff for us newbs a bit.

2) Please please try somehow to make the .php requests executed. I know this is probably ... not the best idea at a homepage that teaches how to hack. But it would help a lot to understand how things work. Maybe after completion you should grant access to the sauce of the .php file.

Thanks for reading!

Yours Johnny
John-Doe252
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:03 pm
([msg=76395]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I had an idea I thought would be kind of nice.

Have a restricted part of HTS, for sharing source code dealing with the programming missions.
Basically restrict the access to each mission, and once a user completes the challenge, they can go to that part of the site and post their source code with other users who have also completed that specific challenge. Everyone should basically be able to comment, see how others accomplished the same feat, etc, etc.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by sabin007 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:34 am
([msg=76419]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

The site looks a little bit cluttered especially the links and items that appear above "topbar". And you guys might consider increasing the width of the main content area. :)
sabin007
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:23 pm
([msg=76596]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

The password checking algorithm for programming 11 needs to be fixed.
I noticed that rarely, a valid answer will still tell you that you have submitted an invalid password..
If I need to, I suppose I could look into it further and see if it's certain ascii characters that are making it freak out like that.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to C and C++